Here’s the one that started it all! Measuring wind is a breeze with the Kestrel 1000. We developed the Kestrel 1000 Pocket Wind Meter in 1995 when NK’s co-founder, Richard Kellerman, needed a reliable wind meter for flying his glider. Over 15 years later, it looks a little slicker, and it gives you the wind information you can count on with a simple, reliable and accurate pocket wind meter. The Kestrel 1000 can easily be switched between mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort.
- 3-Button Control
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested, MIL-STD-810F
- Easy-To-Read Display
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
NIST Calibration takes 5-7 business days.