Here at KTA Tator we wanted to make a kit that allowed mobility when working along pipelines. We could achieve this by using the rugged Pelican S115 backpack case. The back pack has a configurable compartment on the inside allowing you to keep all your gauges separated and ready to go on a moment’s notice. Another great feature of this back pack is the built in crumple proof and watertight laptop case. This allows you to have a laptop or tablet safely protected and with you on the job site.
In the spirit of mobility, we also removed the Bacharach, PTC315F, and Taylor 6215 to replace them with the Positector 6000 DPM probe. This means you no longer have to waste important time swinging a sling psychrometer and can store all of your readings digitally. Another new addition to the kit would be the Fluke 62 Max Infrared Thermometer. This will allow you to quickly read temperatures by removing the need for contact readings.
Included in the KTA Pipeline Backpack Inspection Kit is:
- Pelican S115 Sport Elite Backpack
- Positector 6000 Standard Body
- Positector 6000 FTS Probe (0-250 mils)
- Positector 6000 DPM Probe
- Positector 6000 SHDD Probe
- Testex Spring Micrometer + Certification
- X-Coarse Replica Tape (1 Roll)
- Intrinsically Safe HD Polymer Dual Light
- KTA Tator Certified Wet Film Thickness Gauge (0-60 mils)
- pH Strips (100 pk)
- #119 Pipe Pit Depth Gauge
- Fluke 62 Max Infrared Thermometer + 1 Point NIST Traceable Certification
- KTA Durable Document Inspection Log Book
- SSPC Vis 1
- SSPC Vis 3
This kit should give you everything you need to inspect coatings on pipelines. We also carry a full line of cathodic protection equipment for inspectors that need multimeters, reference electrodes, data loggers, interrupters, and much more along with their kit!