The Positector DPM is perfect for obtaining ambient condition readings while on the job sites. The DPM probe can read surface temperature, air temperature, wet bulb temperature (advanced models only), relative humidity, dew point temperature, and the surface temperature/dew point temperature difference.
- • All readings are constantly updated and displayed simultaneously
- • No need to consult complex tables or use a slide rule calculator
- • Alarms indicate when climate conditions are unsuitable for painting
- • RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- • Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- • Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- • Two year warranty on gage body AND probe
- • Fast response precision sensors provide accurate, repeatable readings
- • SmartTrend™ Indicators identify rising, falling or stable readings
- • Certificate of Calibration included showing traceability to NIST (Long Form)
- • Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- • Hold function freezes the display allowing measurements to be manually recorded
- • Sealed USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included.
- • Software Updates via web keep your gage current
- • Screen Capture – record and save image into USB flash memory for record keeping and review
- • Software Solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data
- • Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- • Auto Log mode records environmental parameters at user selected time intervals
- • PosiTector DPM L attaches to steel structures to measure and record environmental parameters independently for up to 200 days. Stored datasets can be downloaded using a PosiTector Advanced gage body or Apple/Android smart device.
- • Celsius/Fahrenheit switchable
- • Selectable display languages
- • High Contrast LCD with backlit display
- • Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- • Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- Storage of 2,500 datasets
- Auto Log mode runs unattended on batteries for up to 50 hours or continuously via USB
- Storage of 100,000 datasets in up to 1,000 batches
- NEW Enhanced Auto Log mode turns the gage off between readings for up to 8 months of battery life. Each reading can be uploaded to PosiSoft.net or an FTP server using WiFi. Automatically group readings into batches at daily, weekly, or monthly intervals.
- User defined limits for all parameters—visible and audible warnings
- NEW Send email alerts when connected to WiFi
- Onscreen Batch Annotation—add notes, change batch names and more with built-in QWERTY keyboard
- Wet bulb temperature can be displayed and recorded
- Trend Charts graph readings in real-time
- WiFi technology wirelessly synchronizes with PosiSoft.net and downloads software updates
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology for data transfer to a mobile device running the PosiTector App or optional portable printer. BLE API available for integration into third-party software.
- Integrate with third-party software, drones, ROVs, PLCs, and robotic devices using several industry-standard communication protocols
Is the PosiTector DPM calibrated at the factory?
The PosiTector DPM arrives fully calibrated and ready to measure. A Long-Form Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST or PTB is included, which documents actual readings taken by your instrument at our calibration laboratory on standards traceable to a national metrology institute. Beware of ‘Certificates’ or ‘Certificates of Conformance’ offered by competitors. These typically do not include actual instrument readings, and are often insufficient to meet common quality requirements.
Does the PosiTector DPM provide a wet-bulb temperature measurement?
Yes. When combined with either a PosiTector Advanced gage body or PosiTector SmartLink wireless probe adapter, the DPM will indicate a wet-bulb temperature measurement.
Is the PosiTector DPM suitable for applications with low or negative dew point temperatures?
The PosiTector DPM provides accurate dew point readings (±3° C) down to -40° C.
Dew point is a calculated value, based on temperature and humidity. At low negative dew point temperatures, the calculation is highly dependent on relative humidity and changes of ±3% RH (the tolerance of the PosiTector DPM’s humidity sensor) can have a significant impact on the dew point temperature.
The Dew Point (Td) Accuracy page details the accuracy of the calculated dew point temperature based on the measured temperature and humidity.
Is the PosiTector DPM suitable for high pressure environments?
Yes. The PosiTector DPMD is specifically designed for use in pressurized environments (max 200 psi / 1.3 MPa) and has ½” NPT threads for secure installation on pipes and tanks.
Will any k-type thermocouple work with the PosiTector DPMS?
The PosiTector DPMS Magnetic Surface Temperature Sensor can be disconnected from the K-Type thermocouple connector and replaced with any K-type thermocouple.
DeFelsko offers the following optional k-type sensors:
- Hand-held Surface Temperature probe: for spot-checking difficult-to-access areas.
- Liquid Temperature Probe: general purpose probe with stainless steel shaft.
How long does it take the probe to acclimate, and provide accurate measurements in a new environment?
The PosiTector DPM, like other electronic dew point meters, requires adequate time to acclimate to its operating environment. When moving between similar environments, the instrument will stabilize in a matter of seconds. However, when moving between environmental extremes (like between a dry, air conditioned vehicle and the warm, humid outdoors) it can take up to 30 minutes for readings to stabilize.
If left in a dry environment for an extended period of time, this stabilization process may take longer. To restore the original response time, wrap the sensor in a damp cloth overnight.
Is the PosiTector DPM accurate in freezing temperatures?
The PosiTector DPM can accurately measure air temperature (Ta) as low as -40° C.
Is the PosiTector DPM suitable for logging temperatures inside an oven?
We do not recommend our PosiTector DPM for operation in an oven. Delicate internal components and assembly materials are prone to premature damage when subjected to prolonged use in a closed environment with temperatures greater than approximately 50° C.