- This dew point meter attaches to steel structures to measure and record environmental parameters independently for up to 200 days. Stored datasets can be downloaded using a PosiTector Advanced gage body or Apple/Android smart device.
- Records parameters at user selected intervals from 1 min. to 8 hrs.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof, and shockproof — meets or exceeds IP65
- Fast response precision sensors provide accurate, repeatable readings
- Dew point meter has an internal memory storage of 10,000 datasets (60,000 readings)
- Kensington Security Slot for anti-theft protection. Kensington Lock sold separately.
- Uses common lithium coin cell batteries (CR2032)
- Every stored dataset is date and time stamped
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- Two year warranty on the dew point meter
How often should the PosiTector probe be recalibrated?
PosiTector probes include a Certificate of Calibration with no expiry or end date. They have no shelf life, therefore the length of time in the field is not a good indicator for recalibration intervals. Many organizations with quality programs and recertification programs require annual recalibrations, and this is a good starting point for most users. DeFelsko recommends that customers establish calibration intervals based upon their own experience and work environment. Based on our product knowledge, data and customer feedback, a one year calibration interval from the date the instrument was placed in service is a good starting point.
Is the PosiTector DPM L calibrated at the factory?
The PosiTector DPM L arrives fully calibrated and ready to measure. A Long-Form Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST or PTB is included, which documents actual readings taken by your instrument at our calibration laboratory on standards traceable to a national metrology institute. Beware of ‘Certificates’ or ‘Certificates of Conformance’ offered by competitors. These typically do not include actual instrument readings, and are often insufficient to meet common quality requirements.
Does the PosiTector DPM L provide a wet-bulb temperature measurement?
Yes. When combined with either a PosiTector Advanced gage body or iOS/Android smart device, the DPM L will indicate a wet-bulb temperature measurement.
Is the PosiTector DPM L suitable for applications with low or negative dew point temperatures?
The PosiTector DPM L provides accurate dew point readings (±3° C) down to -40° C.
Dew point is a calculated value, based on temperature and humidity. At low negative dew point temperatures, the calculation is highly dependent on relative humidity and changes of ±3% RH (the tolerance of the PosiTector DPM’s humidity sensor) can have a significant impact on the dew point temperature.
The Dew Point (Td) Accuracy page details the accuracy of the calculated dew point temperature based on the measured temperature and humidity.
How long does it take the logger to acclimate, and provide accurate readings in a new environment?
The PosiTector DPM L, like other electronic dew point meters, requires adequate time to acclimate to its operating environment. When moving between similar environments, the instrument will stabilize in a matter of seconds. However, when moving between environmental extremes (like between a dry, air conditioned vehicle and the warm, humid outdoors) it can take up to 30 minutes for readings to stabilize.
If left in a dry environment for an extended period of time, this stabilization process may take longer. To restore the original response time, wrap the sensor in a damp cloth overnight.
Is the PosiTector DPM L suitable for logging temperatures inside an oven?
No. We do not recommend our PosiTector DPM L for operation in an oven. Delicate internal components and assembly materials are prone to premature damage when subjected to prolonged use in a closed environment with temperatures greater than approximately 50° C (122° F).
How long does the battery last on a PosiTector DPM L?
Depending on the logging interval, the battery on a PosiTector DPM L can last several months. For example, at 5 minute intervals the logger will last 120 days. At 1 hour intervals, the PosiTector DPM L will last 200 days. The stated battery life is for unattended logging. Battery life is reduced while connected to the PosiTector app or instrument.
What is the operating temperature range of the PosiTector DPM L
The operating temperature range of the PosiTector DPM L is -10 to 60° C (14 to 140° F).