Octagon Wet Film Thickness Gauge
The octagon wet film thickness gauge is the perfect option if a high reading range is needed. It is capable of reading .4 to 400 mils or 10 to 10,000 μm all on one gauge. The unique octagon style allows for 40 measurement points in a size of only 4.5″ x 4.5″ x 0.32″. The octagon wet film thickness gauge is made in the USA and designed to conform with ASTM D4414.
To use the octagon wet film thickness gauge:
- Select the proper reading range.
- Push the gauge into the wet coating at a 90° angle.
- Observe the last notch that has paint on it and the next highest notch that does not have coating on it.
- The wet film thickness is between those two readings.
- Clean the gauge removing any coating from the gauge. If coating still remains on the gauge teeth after cleaning it is time for a replacement.