Positector SHD Shore Hardness Durometer
The PosiTector SHD Shore Hardness Durometer is a handheld electronic instrument that measures the indentation hardness of non-metallic materials. Two durometer models are available for different hardness ranges – Shore A and Shore D.
PosiTector SHD probes are only compatible with PosiTector Advanced (serial numbers 730,000+) and PosiTector Standard gage bodies with a color display (serial numbers 780,321+). A simple gage update may be required before using.
- Easy-to-read digital display
- User-adjustable measurement time with onscreen countdown to conform to national and international standards
- Flashing display – ideal for noisy environments
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Hardened steel indentor
- Two year warranty on body AND probe
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included (Long Form)
- Auto Ignore mode disregards hardness readings below 20 and above 90 per international standards
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution to 0.1
- Includes test block to verify operation
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector SHD, 6000, 200,SPG, RTR, DPM and UTG probes easily converting from a shore hardness durometer to a coating thickness gage, surface profile gage, dew point meter or wall thickness gage.
- High contrast, reversible color LCD with backlit display
- Selectable display languages
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- Continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max hardness and number of readings while measuring
- Screen Capture – save screen images for record keeping and review
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when hardness measurements exceed user-specified limits
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power
- Software Solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting durometer data:
- PosiSoft USB Drive – stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/ Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- PosiSoft Desktop – desktop software (PC/Mac) for downloading, viewing, printing and storing measurement data. Available as a free download.
- PosiSoft.net account – a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
- PosiTector App – (Advanced models only) – Mobile app connects PosiTector Advanced instruments to your iOS or Android smart device.
- Every stored shore hardness measurement is date and time stamped
- Software updates via the internet keep your gage current