- •Easy-to-read digital display
- •Comparable to 934-1 Barcol Hardness Tester
- •User-adjustable measurement time with onscreen countdown
- •Includes spare, field replaceable indentor with replacement tool
- •Lightweight, portable device can be used in any orientation
- •RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- •Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- •Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- •Hard-shell carrying case included
- •Two year warranty on gage body AND probe
- •Long Form Certificate of Calibration included
- •Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for use on applications that require greater precision
- •Includes hard and soft aluminum alloy test disks and leveling plate to verify gage operation
- •Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM B648/D2583, DIN EN 59 and AS/NZS 3572.22
- •PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector BHI, SHD, 6000, 200, DPM, IRT, RTR, SPG, SST, and UTG probes easily converting from a hardness tester to a coating thickness gage, dew point meter, infrared thermometer, surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, or ultrasonic wall thickness gage
- •1 and 2 point calibration options with Cal Reset to restore factory settings
- •Selectable display languages
- •High contrast LCD with backlit display
- •Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- •Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- •Continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max hardness and number of readings while measuring
- •Screen Capture – save screen images for record keeping and review
- •HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- •Sealed USB Port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power
- •PosiSoft USB Drive – stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required.
- •Software Updates via web keep your gage current
- •Software Solutions for viewing, analyzing and reporting data
- •Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
A Barcol Hardness Impressor is an instrument that measures the indentation hardness of soft metals (aluminum, aluminum alloys, copper, brass, etc.), harder plastics and fiber-reinforced plastics.
• Aluminum production
• Forgings, castings, raw stock inspection
• FRP/GRP – fiber and glass reinforced plastics (both reinforced and non-reinforced rigid plastics)
• Duro or hard thermo plastics
• Degree of cure in composite materials
The PosiTector BHI has numerous advantages over conventional analog instruments, and over many competitive digital instruments:
- Memory: The PosiTector BHI has the ability to save readings for archival or reporting, without the need for error-prone transcription. This greatly enhances the reliability and convenience of reporting.
- Reporting Software Options: The PosiTector BHI includes the PosiSoft suite of software for viewing and reporting data. Select from a powerful desktop version, built-in USB drive, web-based or mobile applications.
- Test Time: Some materials continue to deform while the measurement is being taken. To achieve consistent results, it is often recommended to record measurements after a set amount of time has elapsed. The PosiTector BHI allows users to set a test time, which begins counting down on the screen when the indentor is placed on the surface to be measured. After that period has elapsed, a measurement is recorded and displayed. This is vastly superior to existing methods of using a stopwatch, or more often, estimating when the required test time has elapsed.
- Auto Sub-Batch (Advanced models only): As with most measurement processes, it is advisable to take multiple measurements at each test location (spot), to ensure the user hasn’t taken an erroneous or outlying reading. With the Auto Sub-Batch feature, a new sub-batch is created after the desired number of measurements is taken, conveniently grouping readings from each location.
- Interchangeability: PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector BHI, SHD, 6000, 200, IRT, DPM, RTR, SPG, SST, and UTG probes easily converting from a hardness tester to a coating thickness gage, dew point meter, infrared thermometer, surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, or ultrasonic wall thickness gage.
The PosiTector BHI comes complete with a hard shell plastic case.
The durable probe tip is designed for long life and continuous accuracy. A glass zero plate and test disks are included for verifying accuracy. Replacement probe tips are available to replace worn, out of tolerance tips.
The PosiTector BHI is factory calibrated and for most applications no calibration adjustment is required. However, there may be times when a zero adjustment is necessary including after indentor replacement or to compensate for indentor wear. For best accuracy, the Gage should be zeroed on the included glass plate.